Face your darkest fears in Southern California’s scariest, most intense event – Universal Studios™ Halloween Horror Nights™ . The movie studio that invented the horror genre brings to life all-new immersive worlds of living, breathing icons from the most twisted imaginations in film and television.
Taking place on select nights Sept. 14 through Nov. 3, this year's HHN invites you to discover the dark secrets lurking in the Upside Down world of Netflix’s Stranger Things. Plus, brace yourself for these other spine-chilling mazes: Poltergeist, Halloween 4, Universal Monsters, Trick 'r Treat, The First Purge, The Horrors of Blumhouse: Chapter Two, and AMC's The Walking Dead. The screams and thrills continue with Terror Tram: Hollywood Harry's Dreadtime Storiez, five new scare zones with horrors lurking around every dark corner, and an all-new Jabbawockeez live show.
"Soon you’ll realize that horror may lurk in the shadows of the night, but true fear comes from within."
Step this way for a sneak peek at Halloween Horror Nights… if you dare!
Step inside the hair-raising world of Stranger Things and prepare to brave the Upside Down of this pop culture series phenomenon! Journey to small town Hawkins, Indiana—a seemingly peaceful community with dark, unnerving secrets. When a young boy goes missing near a secluded government laboratory, his faithful friends begin a quest unfolding a series of increasingly bizarre and frightening events. With the threat of flesh-eating creatures in the shadows and the help of one very strange little girl, their world is about to be turned “Upside Down”!
Experience Halloween night like never before with Trick ‘r Treat, the anthology horror film from writer/director Michael Dougherty that has become a modern horror cult classic! It is said that Halloween is the night when horrifying creatures roam free, but there are rules devised to protect us from their evil. Every year, one small town is taught a terrifying lesson: that some traditions are best not forgotten.
Welcome to Warren Valley, Ohio—a sleepy suburban community that masks many dark secrets. A bloodthirsty visitor has come to uphold the sacred traditions of Halloween and is itching to punish rule-breakers with bloody acts of vengeance! When the tricks and treats of Halloween turn deadly, you must attempt to survive the scariest night of the year. You either live by the rules, or you die by them.
Get ready for The First Purge, a terrifying new maze that tells the story of how the blockbuster franchise all began. The New Founding Fathers of America (NFFA) have instituted the inaugural Purge, a 12-hour period on Staten Island, where all crimes, including Murder, are legal. Try to survive the NFFA’s experiment and make it through the night. Your government thanks you for your participation!
Based on the classic 1982 film by director Tobe Hooper and producer Steven Spielberg, Poltergeist will take you inside the iconic ghost story that set the bar for paranormal thrillers ever since. After moving to their new home in sunny Southern California, the Freeling family discovers that dreams can come true—and that nightmares can too…
One stormy night, their youngest daughter, Carol Anne, begins talking to strange, ghostly voices through a dead signal on the television set. When Carol Anne disappears, the family slowly comes to realize that she has been abducted by vengeful spirits occupying the spectral plane between the world of the living and the realm of the dead. What the Freeling family doesn’t know, is that their house was built over an old cemetery and they are in mortal danger!
Fall victim to the silver screen’s most deplorable slasher with Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers. Based on the cult-classic horror film franchise, Halloween, this new maze will truly have you on edge…of Michael Myers' knife.
Oct. 30, 1988: a seemingly comatose Michael Myers is being transferred back to Smith’s Grove Sanitarium. It has been a decade since his last killing spree in Haddonfield, but the townspeople know pure evil never sleeps. Michael awakens and slaughters the medical personnel transporting him, escaping into the night. Fortunately, Michael’s former psychiatrist, Dr. Loomis knows exactly where he is heading - unfortunately for you, no one is safe from Michael Myers.
Blumhouse Productions is back with new suspense-filled moments from Blumhouse’s Truth or Dare, Unfriended and a nightmarish surprise ending! Enter the “Horrors of Blumhouse” film festival, where horror movies come to life. Get ready for the spring break trip of your nightmares: a group of college kids have unwittingly unleashed an ancient curse, forcing them to play a never ending game of Truth or Dare—but this time the the stakes are life or death! Next, enter cyberspace with Unfriended. A chatroom session amongst high school friends has turned into an endless night of terror. Exactly one year ago, fellow student, Laura Barns committed suicide as a result of cyberbullying. When an unknown user takes over Laura’s online account, the group of friends attempta to expose the infiltrator’s true identity—forcing them to face their darkest secrets and lies. Soon they realize, this is no ordinary hacker. Can you make it out of cyberspace alive?
Inspired by Universal’s legendary horror films, the Universal Monsters maze—featuring an original score produced and composed by GRAMMY® Award-winning musician, SLASH—will shake horror fans to the core with a petrifying modern rendition. After decades of rot and decay as they lay mouldering in their graves, the Universal Monsters’ disdain for the living has risen to a bloodthirsty, all consuming level! Invade their eternal resting place and witness the bone-chilling resurrection of Frankenstein’s Monster, Dracula, The Phantom of the Opera and The Wolf Man, among others. As they rise from the dead, thirsty for revenge, you will fall victim to the terrifying images and stories that helped invent the horror film genre.
Enter the post-apocalyptic world of AMC’s The Walking Dead. Prepare to fight for survival in a fully immersive journey as you navigate through a world overrun by walkers with an insatiable appetite for the living. Follow in the footsteps of the human survivors as you battle your way through nightmarish iconic landscapes that bring the most popular cable TV show in history to life!
You better get some sleep while you can because after you experience Hollywood Harry’s Dreadtime Storiez, you’ll never sleep again! Hollywood Harry, the phantom clown infamous for terrorizing the Universal Studios Hollywood backlot, has returned to the Terror Tram as host of an all new bloodcurdling experience. Brace yourself for the unspeakable horrors depicted in this demented rendition of Harry’s 1950s television show. As you journey through five spine-tingling bedtime stories, attempt to survive the chainsaw wielding monsters, bloodthirsty cannibals, rotten corpse scarecrows, homicidal clowns, and a merciless torture factory.
Select rides will be open during Halloween Horror Nights, including:
- Transformers™ — The Ride 3D - Fusing photo-realistic 3D HD media and elaborate flight simulation technology with cutting edge physical and special effects, TRANSFORMERS™: The Ride-3D is the next generation immersive Theme Park attractions.
- The Simpsons Ride™ - Join America's favorite animated family and their friends on an epic adventure through Springfield on this virtual rollercoaster.
- Revenge of the Mummy℠ — The Ride - A terrifying thrill ride full of ghastly creatures that uses Linear Induction Motors (LIM) Technology to catapult riders deep into the heart of the film franchise at 45 mph.
The award-winning hip hop dance crew, Jabbawockeez returns to Halloween Horror Nights with an all-new performance. With their signature white masks, the diverse group of dancers will perform a repertoire of innovative, synchronized choreography accompanied by a stunning laser lights display. The group’s signature moves and humor will create an exclusive experience for guests as the Jabbawockeez crew defies space and time in an action-packed performance to save the planet from a society obsessed with social media.
- Monster Masquerade - Step into the fog-enshrouded streets of old Paris and enter “The Danse of the Dead,” a macabre monster masquerade ball inspired by the original Universal Classic Monster movies The Phantom of the Opera and The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- Trick 'R Treat - The frightening characters from writer/director Michael Dougherty’s anthology horror film Trick 'R Treat have descended on the small Midwestern town of Warren Ohio during their annual Halloween celebrations. Lurking in the fog are vampires, werewolves, zombie school children and Sam, the vengeful spirit of Halloween who will stop at nothing to ensure his rules for the season are being upheld.
- Hell's Harvest - Enter a pagan harvest festival where the dark spirit of Halloween was born! The streets are filled with strange bewitched dolls, brought to life through dark magic. This army of evil dolls are looking for the next victim for their human sacrifice - will it be you?
- Toxxic Tunnel - There’s been a terrible industrial accident deep inside an underground utility tunnel. The noxious vapors that were released have transformed the emergency workers into radioactive monsters, filled with an uncontrollable rage and hell-bent on our destruction!
- Holidayz in Hell - Every day is Halloween in this irreverent send up of the Holidays of the year. Encounter creepy Cupids, lecherous Leprechauns and evil Easter bunnies as you take a terrifying trip through these psychotic seasonal celebrations…screaming all the way!
Halloween Horror Nights will be open at Universal Studios Hollywood on select dates September 14 through November 3: 7pm-2am. On September 16, 20, 26 and November 1-2 hours are 7pm-1am. View the full calendar at the HHN website.
Tickets are now on sale at the HHN website. Options include General Admission, Day/Night (including theme park entry), and Frequent Fear Passes for multiple nights. The R.I.P. Tour is available for groups up to 14 and includes:
- Exclusive "Stranger Things" experiences such as themed photo ops, props and scareactor make-up demonstration
- Universal Express Unlimited access to mazes and available rides
- Private VIP trolley to Backlot mazes and Terror Tram
- Gourmet buffet dinner with drinks at exclusive VIP Dining Room & Lounges
- Complimentary valet parking