No Purchase Necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins at 6:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on Feb 1, 2019 and ends no later than 11:59 p.m. PST on Feb 2, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, on a double blind basis, a winner will be chosen.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
To enter, during the Sweepstakes Period, go to the [Los Angeles Trejo’s Tacos Tailgate Truck] (the “Food Truck”) and place an order (“Reservation” or “Entry”). To locate the Food Truck during the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.twitter.com/[discoverLA] or www.instagram.com/discoverLA.
ONE entry per natural person.
All entries must happen during the Sweepstakes Period, and prior to the awarding of the prize, which time is determined in a double-blind manner as described below. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false and to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the Entrant listed on the official list kept by the Food Truck employees. If you do not wish to make a purchase from the Food Truck, you may also enter by informing the individual on the Food Truck that you would like to enter the Sweepstakes and providing your name and email address.
4. ODDS. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries.
5. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF SELECTED ENTRANT. The Sweepstakes is a double blind drawing. On or about 6:00 a.m. Feb 1, 2019 (“Drawing Date”), a representative from Sponsor will choose at random, the specific location where the prize will be awarded, followed by the guest who will be chosen (for example, if “Rams’ Pregame Party” and “20” are drawn, the prize will be awarded to the 20th Entrant that enters while the Food Truck is parked at the Ram’s Pregame Party). This Entrant that meets the drawn criteria (“Selected Entrant”) will be notified either as they eat or by email, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the Selected Entrant fails to accept the prize or the condition of the prize, as listed here, Sponsor will not award the prize and no alternate Selected Entrant will be chosen. The Selected Entrant may be given a declaration of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Except where prohibited by law, the Release will state that Selected Entrant agrees to allow Sponsor to use (without additional compensation) his or her name, address, photograph, testimonial, likeness and/or biographical information for purposes of advertising and promotion (including, without limitation, posting on Sponsor’s website(s) and affiliated website(s)). Selected Entrant may also be required to provide name, U.S. Social Security Number (for tax form purposes), birth date, current address, and phone number. Unless restricted by law, the Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. Selected Entrant will receive the Prize via email within approximately thirty (30) days of the date on which the Sponsor receives the completed, signed Release form the Selected Entrant (exact timing subject to change based upon availability of Prize). Sponsor will not make multiple attempts to contact Selected Entrant.
6. PRIZE. If eligible under these Rules, one (1) Selected Entrant will be awarded two (2) Round-trip Economy Airline tickets for Select Entrant and a Guest (“Guest) to Los Angeles from anywhere in the continental United States (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. military installations in foreign countries, and all other U.S. territories and possessions); three (3) Nights stay at a hotel in Los Angeles for Selected Entrant and Guest; and two (2) Tickets to Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood. Approximate Retail Value of Prize (“ARV”): $2,500.00.
7. PRIZE CONDITIONS. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize permitted, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Selected Entrant cannot assign or transfer their prize to another person or business. All activities related to the prize are at the Selected Entrant’s own risk, as defined below, and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities. If prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, or if Selected Entrant may not accept or receive a prize for any reason, prize will be forfeited.
The Trip awarded to the Selected Entrant must be taken within dates provided by the Sponsor or the Prize will be forfeited. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsors’ agent, on a carrier of Sponsors’ choice. Certain travel restrictions and black out dates may apply. Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to substitute ground transportation for air transportation depending on Selected Entrant’s place of residence. Selected Entrant and Guest must travel together on the same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date, and must have valid travel documents (e.g., valid government issued photo ID and/or passport) prior to departure, and failure to do so will result in forfeiture of Prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full fare will be charged from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return, of the Trip. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. All travel and lodging will be at the risk of Selected Entrant and Guest. Selected Entrant is solely responsible for all expenses and costs associated with acceptance and/or use of Prize not specifically stated herein as being awarded, including, without limitation any and all taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prize, travel insurance, ground transportation (other than as described above), security and airport fees, taxes, insurance, gasoline, meals, gratuities, and souvenirs. Sponsor shall have the right, but not the obligation, to make any deductions and withholdings that Sponsor deems necessary or desirable under applicable federal, state and local tax laws, rules, regulations, codes or ordinances.
Sponsor shall have no responsibility or liability for cancellations, delays, or any other change by any company or person providing any element of Prize due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, and is not responsible or liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof. If Selected Entrant chooses to take the trip with fewer than one (1), or no, Guest(s), the remaining elements of Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s Prize obligation to Selected Entrant and no additional compensation will be awarded. Guest(s), if any, may be required to execute and return releases of liability and, where legal, publicity releases (collectively, “Guest Documents”), which must be returned with the Contest Documents, or Guest portion of the Prize will be forfeited. If any Guest is a minor, Selected Entrant must be such minor’s parent or legal guardian and must execute and return the Guest Documents on such minor’s behalf.
All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant and Selected Entrant will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. THIS IS A TAXABLE EVENT and these prize winnings will be considered taxable income under federal law. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, Selected Entrant agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and waives any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Selected Entrant also agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (iv) participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process, including “lying in wait” for the prize. Sponsor shall not be liable for: (i) closed venues, telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, bugs, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors Sweepstakes Entrants may encounter when entering a location; or (iv) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Sweepstakes. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
8. DISPUTES. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. By entering, Entrant consents to jurisdiction in the federal and state courts of California for the resolution of any and all disputes.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Sweepstakes may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded.
11. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant's acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use said Selected Entrant's full name, social media handles, photographs, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation, including without limitation on Sponsor and its affiliates’ program(s), website(s) and social media page(s).
12. WINNER’S LIST AND SWEEPSTAKES RULES. For a copy of these Official Rules or of the winner(s), send your request in a self-addressed, stamped envelope (WA and VT residents need not affix return postage) to: LA Tourism, 633 West 5th Street, Suite 1800, Los Angeles, CA 90071, Attn: Contest Administrator. Request must be received within 90 days of the end of the Sweepstakes.